PSA, is a protein produced by normal, as well as malignant, cells of the prostate gland.
PSA Test (introduced in ’86) measures PSA in man blood.
This test has the ability to detect cancer in men prostate earlier comparing with digital rectal exam.
The risk of cancer based on PSA levels follows:
PSA levels under 4 ng/mL: “normal”
4 to 10 ng/mL: 20 to 30% risk
10 to 20 ng/mL: 50 to 75% risk
Above 20 ng/mL: 90%.
BUT one of the very important things here is that there are OTHER factors which can raise PSA levels and these are:
- Prostatitis (inflammation)
- Benign prostatic hypertrophy(condition in which an overgrowth of prostate tissue pushes against the urethra and the bladder, blocking the flow of urine)
- Urinary Tract Infection
The best way to avoid this is to maintain good prostate and overall health based on the following guidelines:
- Eat more fruits, vegetables and nuts.
- Add some pomegranate to your diet.
- Exercise more.
- Lose weight.
- Eat more tomatoes.
- Reduce animal protein intake.
- Try quercetin and pollen.
*Most men with an elevated PSA level turn out not to have prostate cancer; only about 25% of men who have a prostate biopsy due to an elevated PSA level actually are found to have prostate cancer when a biopsy is done.
1. Barry MJ. Clinical practice. Prostate-specific-antigen testing for early diagnosis of prostate cancer. New England Journal of Medicine 2001;344(18):1373-1377. [PubMed Abstract]
We do not promote the use of anabolic steroids without a doctor’s prescription. The information we share is for entertainment purposes only.
THIS IS NOT MEDICAL, LEGAL OR ANY OTHER TYPE OF ADVICE. SIDE EFFECTS ARE UNKNOWN SO THEREFORE DEATH AND SERIOUS BODILY INJURY MAY OCCUR. ONLY USE DRUGS, SUPPLEMENTS, OR EXERCISE UNDER YOUR DOCTORS DIRECTION.
Keep in mind that steroids are not magic and in order to get results user must train correct and hard, eat clean and keep right balance of carbs, protein and fats.
Once per year bloodwork must be done in order to see what is going on inside your body and to keep an eye on health status.
The guys who stay all year round on gear with no breaks are not wise.